- Have programming experience with Python (preferable) or another Object-Oriented Programming language
- Some knowledge of how the web works (requests and responses) will be helpful!
- PyCharm (free) or another code editor
Welcome to our Advanced REST API Course!
We created the most popular introductory REST API development course on Udemy, with over 4,000 reviews and 20,000 students. Now we want to help you get even farther with this Advanced REST API course, of course still using Flask and Python.
Our first course took you from zero to a deployed REST API that users could access. In this one we will cover a whole bunch of topics students have been requesting for months!
- Use Marshmallow for data serialization and deserialization
- Send e-mails and user confirmations
- Upload images
- Database migrations
- Easy ways of writing documentation and testing your API
- Handle payments using Stripe
- Third party login using OAuth (GitHub is used as the example)
- Extensive software development knowledge, refactoring, debugging, and more!
- Use the latest technologies and the best practices. We teach everything using Python 3.7, the latest version.
We’ll start with a simple REST API and teach you everything you need to know about it—so even if you’ve not taken our first course, you can follow along with absolutely no issues. We’ve even written an e-book to get you up to speed quickly with this starter REST API!
We introduce new features and technologies by baking them into this application so you can see how a professional REST API is developed. Every new feature is added to a fully working application and tested!
We’ll also help you understand more about how to build features incrementally to get them to your users quickly and minimise risk!
Many lectures contain extra resources, such as links to external documentation and projects, for you to go and learn more. And for each lecture, we include the source code at the start and at the end so you’ll never be lost. All source code is provided as downloadable and also in GitHub for your convenience.
We’re always available to help in the Udemy Course Q&A and also our own student community Slack channel. Make use of these awesome resources!
Remember, this is our most advanced course yet! You should have enough programming experience with Python or another programming language. Some knowledge of how the web works is also really helpful.
You should have knowledge of how to install Python packages and how to run your Python applications. If you’ve used virtualenv or Pipenv before, that’s excellent! Knowledge of PyCharm for debugging is also a plus, although we will cover using the debugger in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Software developers working on a REST API who want to add advanced functionality to it
- Backend developers interested in gaining knowledge of Flask and its ecosystem
- Advanced developers of other programming languages who want to get up to speed quickly with Advanced REST API development in Python
Created by Teclado by Jose Salvatierra, Jose Salvatierra
Last updated 11/2018
Size: 6.05 GB